Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chantix Worked!

I quit smoking five months ago by switching to vaping, even before I knew I had cancer.  I really  loved vaping and hated that my husband still smoked conventional cigarettes.  I hated to be around him.
For five months, I was cigarette-free and thought I would be for the rest of my life, but noticed some side-effects, most of which was a general feeling of being not well.  I cannot be more specific than this because I do not recall the exact symptoms, but, I knew it was from vaping, so, back to cigarettes I went, reluctantly.
My addiction to cigarettes was hungrily awaiting any excuse to jump back into my life and the feeling that I was a failure, for not being able to stick with the vaping, just fed this addiction even more.
I went back to cigarettes until I learned that I had cancer and had no choice but to quit if I wanted reconstructive breast surgery.
I started the cheap version of nicotine lozenges and was making headway until my plastic surgeon said that she would not do the plastic surgery if I was still using nicotine. That's when Chantix entered my life and I finally, finally, finally quit smoking!
BAR_LINE2

No comments:

Post a Comment